Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off to Work I Go

 
I spend a lot of time at work. I have to work and I have to work full-time to pay my bills, have a house to live in & have health insurance. I probably spend as much time with my co-workers as I do with my family. Luckily, I love what I do. I don't talk about work too often nor do I blog about it too often because there is not much that I can say. I can't give any details about any particular patients that I take care of. Sometimes work is scary--we are intubating, placing chest tubes, starting IVs and insulin drips. Sometimes work is laid back--changing diapers, holding fussy babies and bottling them. Sometimes work is heartbreaking--pulling a baby's breathing tube in their mom's arms so they can die. Sometimes work is rewarding--helping a mom hold her baby for the first time in over a month. I couldn't do what I do every day without my awesome co-workers. And, as the card says, sometimes they are so friggin awesome it is difficult to get any work done. Not many people get to say they love what they do and they love who they do it with! Life is good!!

One guess what I'm doing here?
 
 
 
 I also love to pass along my passion for my chosen profession. I take every opportunity I can to have a student with me. I have served as a primary preceptor for about four capstone students and nursing interns and each experience has been rewarding. It always forces me to take a step back and really think about what I'm doing so I can explain it to someone else. Seeing it through their eyes also gives me a fresh perspective on many things that I may have started to take for granted. This is my most recent student, Nikki, who was within me in February-April. Good luck Nikki! You will rock the NCLEX!

My view at about 4:00am.

I don't always have time to take a picture of myself at work, but when I do, I'm on break! Wink! Wink!

No comments:

Post a Comment