Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Color Run






 
After visiting with my family, Corey and I headed down to the Cities with my friend Naomi so I could run in The Color Run on July 15th. To be honest, I didn't really want to do it. I had been stressed and had not been training for it or working out at all for that matter. Grumpy, grumpy! I just wanted to stay home. But, I am so thankful to Naomi for gently pushing me into going because it ended up being a great day! I remember when I was young and I used to think to myself, "If I get old and boring like my parents, just shoot me!" Now, more often than not, a quiet evening on the couch usually looks pretty attractive. But, I've also learned, that every time I've made myself do something, I have never had any regrets. The only regrets in life should be the things that you don't try, not that you tried and failed.

We stayed at a friend of Naomi's in the Cities and all went out to Psycho Suzi's Motorlounge the night before to, you know, gear up for the big race! So, between staying up late and my less than optimal night's sleep on the hide-a-bed, I was still a little grumpy when I woke up Sunday morning for the race. Originally, the race was going to be held around Lake Harriet (I think), but was changed to the State Fair grounds so it wasn't the most scenic venue. But, just something about all those people and the energy of the crowd made up for it. Every 1/2 a mile, there would be different "color stations" where staff would throw colored powder on you. Then at the end of the race, you would gather with everyone and on the count of three would throw your color packet  (that you had received when you signed up for the race) up in the air at the same time. You couldn't see and you couldn't breathe, but man was it fun!! I've since learned they have a color festival in India where they use powdered color. Cool! No regrets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment