Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Kidneyfest--Part 2

So for the first Kidneyfest, Naomi made Corey cookies shaped like kidneys.
So this time Naomi made a home-made boob cake complete with a fondant bikini.
If you can't read it, the sign says "Forget cookies! Corey wants boobs!"
Naomi you rock!


Jess & Angi relaxing on the couch!


Jess, Heidi, Angi, DeNae, Naomi & myself

Corey loves the cake Nay!!

Corey, how do you get the ladies all of the time?

Jess & DeNae

Naomi & I.


My dear friend Nicole & I


So, if you remember, we had this huge party in January and named it Kidneyfest. We had to celebrate Corey getting a new kidney! Little did we know that things would fall apart, but then miraculously a new opportunity would present itself. Needless to say, by the time we actually had our surgery date of August 16th, it had been a little while since we had gotten together. Now Corey & I were both having surgery! So, my friends, being the awesome people that they are, decided we needed to have another get-together to celebrate and the idea for KidneyFest--Part 2 was born.

Naomi who had made kidney shaped cookies and kidney bean salad for the first Kidneyfest, outdid herself and made Corey a boob cake. Oh my goodness! How awesome is that? We laughed at that darn cake for 30 minutes and it was delicious! Cake Boss has nothing on you!

Looking back, I don't even remember exactly what we did. I only know that I just felt so loved & so supported. It was a celebrate of life, a celebration of new chances & a stress relief for a heart-breakingly miserable couple of months. We laughed and we celebrated and that is what life is about!



No comments:

Post a Comment