Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pictures and more pictures!






























Anyone that knows me, knows that I love taking pictures. I know sometimes I get a little carried away, but I love having beautiful pictures so I can look back at the memories that we have made. And, as much as I love taking pictures, I love to share them. So, please enjoy the beautiful pictures of our vacation!!

I think the highlight of the trip for me was the day we rented a boat. We found a great deal on a 24-foot boat that we rented from sun up to sun down. With only a map, a few pointers from the guy that rented us the boat, several large coolers of food and drink, and 50 proof sunscreen we headed out for the day. It was a beautiful day and luckily Tracy's husband Mike knew enough about boating and navigating to be our Captain. We explored the gulf and saw some dolphins and jumping sting rays before we dropped anchor at a white sand beach on an island called South Captiva that you can only get to by boat. We listened to music, collected sea shells, saw more dolphins, swam, and sun bathed. It was like our own little corner in paradise!! The waters were clear blue and the sky went on forever. Later in the day, we docked at another island called North Captiva and enjoyed appetizers at a little restaurant on the beach. We enjoyed an amazing sunset out on the water before finding our way back to port.

One night we went to a "touristy" part of the island called Times Square that had many amazing little shops, a homemade ice cream store, and a pier and enjoyed another spectacular sunset.

We had so much fun, we're hoping to bring the kids with us and go back in October! We all suffered a little post-vacation depression when we got home. We had had so much fun that it was really hard to come back to reality and back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment