Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Monday, May 10, 2010

On being a mom...






Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life.
~Maureen Hawkins


The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh


I don't know what I did to deserve my kids!
What did I ever do that was good enough?
I never found world peace...
I never solved world hunger...

But, even though I never won the Nobel Peace Prize,
I was lucky enough to become a mother!
They fight. A lot!
I still love them!
They are beautiful, intelligent, loving girls!
They argue with me. A lot!
I still love them!
They are wonderful and healthy!

When they wrap their arms around me and tell me they love me...
Life is good!
Sometimes I just look at them and want to cry because I feel so lucky!
Sometimes I do cry!!

I love being a mother!
It is more difficult and more rewarding than I could have ever dreamed.

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day!
And next weekend, we can celebrate Kid's Day!
(That's what Taya told me we need to have when she found out she bought me a book for Mother's Day and she was mad that she didn't get anything. "Mom, how come we don't celebrate Kid's Day so we can get presents?")

No comments:

Post a Comment