Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!


My mom and I on my wedding day




My mom holding Taya right after she was born




My mom when she was three years old





My mom's high school graduation picture





My mom


I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still
The deepest impressed on my heart.
~Eliza Cook


Mom,
You are a beautiful woman!
You are intelligent and kind!
You gave so much of yourself to help everyone around you!
You are my best friend!
On Mother's Day I am always sad that I can't buy you a card
or a present or take you out to lunch.

Even though you aren't here, you are not gone!
You are not forgotten!
I still love you!
You are still my mother.
I am still your daughter.
Death cannot change that!
We just need to wait a little while before we can talk again.
I've been saving it up because I'll have so much to tell you.
I feel your presence with me still.
Some days you sit beside me and put your arm on my shoulder.
Some nights you come to me in a dream and tell me,
"Kristin, you have to be happy."

You always left places more beautiful than you found them!
I always try to follow your example and do the same!

Mom,
Thank you for being my mother.
I'm glad that I chose you.
I'm glad that you chose me.
I love you!
I miss you!
See you soon!!


Love,
Your daughter
Kristin


A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
~Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment