Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Thursday, October 11, 2012

JFK Spring Dance Show--May 2012

 
“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.”
Steve Maraboli
 
 



  
 
 

I don't get tired of watching my girls dance. When I look back, some of the pictures do start to look the same. But when I'm there, in the moment, watching them kick, leap and turn with a smile on their face, it is as beautiful a thing to watch as their very first dance recital. It doesn't have to be dancing. I enjoy watching Taya play her clarinet at a band concert, sing at her choir concert, get her serve over the net at a volleyball game. I enjoy watching Chloe learn a new piano song, run down the field during soccer and read aloud a really hard book to me. It is about giving my girls opportunities. Giving them a chance to try new things. Giving them my time and attention and letting them know that I am proud of them. Giving them a sense of sportsmanship--go out there and have fun and it doesn't matter if you win or lose. Giving them a chance to discover their passion. Helping them become "rounded individuals". And, when they win first place at a dance competition, nail their serve, memorize their piano song and kick the ball down the field, I am proud because I had some part in making them the wonderful individuals that they are and will continue to develop into.

No comments:

Post a Comment