Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Saturday, January 21, 2012

Taya's Band Concert




Taya and her best friend Paige
So if you are keeping track, we went to Disney on Ice on Friday December 9th, Chloe had her Dancing with Santa show on December 10th, Taya had her first basketball tournament on December 11th and now on Monday the 12th Taya had her first band concert. And I wonder why I am so behind on my blogging? Geez....

Taya got to start taking band this year. They had to "try out" one day in school and then the band director sort of assigned them what instrument she thought they should start with. Taya got chosen to play the clarinet. Even more than sports, I feel it is really important for Taya to be involved in music. I was in band and choir all the way through high school. In fact, I was first chair French Horn in my high school band. Okay! I was the only French Horn in my entire high school band, but that is still first chair! I used to call my French Horn Bubba. And for those of you who don't know, Bubba was Corey's nick name growing up. Coincidence? Kismet? Fate? I'll let you decide.

Anyways, Corey and I were kind of scared to go to the band concert. In fact, we seriously entertained the idea of going out and buying ear plugs prior to the show. After all these were all 6th graders and they had only been playing their instruments about 2 months. EEK! It was going to be painful. But, to our surprise, they were really very good! Taya even had a solo! Okay--she played one note so the French Horns could start off on the right tune, but it was a solo! Everyone did a great job and it was fun to watch them all come together to play Christmas songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment