Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Saturday, January 21, 2012

Christmas 2011



Chloe made me this handmade calendar. What a wonderful gift!




There aren't many things I dislike about my job, but working Christmas is one of them. I had to work 12 hour shifts the whole weekend of Christmas. Ugh! But, I just try to make the best of it. Corey and the girls met me at the hospital for lunch on Christmas Eve day and Christmas Day and we celebrated with my dad and sister both days after work. Dad made oyster stew on Christmas Eve. I always remember having that growing up. It's an aquired taste, but I love it! The highlights of the gifts were a laptop for Taya and a Wii for Chloe. The Monday after Christmas, Corey and I were both off so we went to Barrett to visit his mom.

I remember Christmas being so magical growing up and I really try to make it magical for the girls. The older I get, the harder it is to hang onto that magic. It's hard to not let the stress and cold and general business ruin the magic. The holidays are also a bittersweet time for me. I miss my mom so much. The last day I saw her was Christmas Day seven years ago. I can't believe she's been gone for that long. I wish so much that she could see the girls growing up and be here to celebrate with us! We miss you mom! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment