Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Monday, March 21, 2011

Peurto Vallarta

Playa Los Arcos--Our hotel

The view of the pool from our room

I named this friendly iguana Fred (Corey called him Javier). He seemed to live on the roof of the hotel lounge. Every morning when we left our room, we would see him sunning himself.


The streets of downtown Peurto Vallarta


We ate at Pipi's (twice!). They had the best margaritas!!!!



Can you believe this is made out of sand? Amazing!



Enjoying a blue drink at the Cheeky Monkey!



The view from our table at the Vista Grille



Corey and I just spent six fabulous days in Peurto Vallarta, Mexico! We flew into Mexico City on Saturday, March 12th and then took another plane over to Peurto Vallarta. I had never really been out of the country before and it was a bit of a culture shock, but I have to say I would definitely go back. We had a short layover so we really didn't get a chance to see Mexico City other than from the plane, but it was huge! The city just kept going on and on. I think Mexico City is the largest city in the world--100 million people or something like that! On our lay over in Mexico City, Corey and I had dinner at the airport at a Carl's Jr. Something cheap right? I just about fell over when the cashier asked for $228. Then, I realized--pesos! OH!! And they use the dollar sign ($) so it gets a little confusing. If only I actually had that much money in the bank!

We stayed at the Playa Los Arcos, a hotel in the romantic area of Peurto Vallarta. The hotel was right in the downtown area of Peurto Vallarta and there was cobblestone streets. Very romantic and beautiful to look at, but I can't imagine driving on those kinds of roads every day. Everything was "open air" meaning there was no real front door to the hotel. You simply walked into the lobby directly from the street and then could walk through to the pool and directly to the beach on the ocean! The scenery was fantastic. Saturday, we got there just in time for dinner. We enjoyed a Mexican buffet at the hotel's restaurant and spent the evening down by the beach and relaxing after the long day of traveling.

Sunday was our bumming around day. We walked up and down the ocean along an area I believe was called the Plaza and around the downtown area looking at all the shops and eating our way around town. We had lunch at a restaurant called Pipi's. They had the largest margaritas I have ever seen and came to your table and made fresh guacamole for you. Fantastic! I've always said I don't like guacamole, but I could have eaten that stuff with a spoon. So good! For dinner, we ate at a place called the Cheeky Monkey which was (I'm told) a gay bar and Italian restuarant. Well, the waiters were definitely cute! We spent hours swimming and sitting by the pool and enjoying the beach by our hotel. As usual, even with sunscreen, I got burned but didn't get much of a tan! Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment