Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I am Thankful for...













Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! We went to Corey's grandma's and had a feast. Nanny Pearl is 88 years old and still manages to put on a spread that puts most peope to shame! We had turkey, ham, homemade meatballs, homemade stuffing & mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, rolls, banana cream pie, pumpkin pie, lemon meringue pie, lefse, cranberry relish, the list goes on and on.....The girls, as usual, had a blast playing with their cousins and I got to snuggle with my 3-month old nephew!

It has been a beautiful November!!! Can you believe that it hasn't snowed once this whole month? As we head toward Christmas and the stress of that holiday, I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on what I'm thankful for...

I am thankful I have a wonderful husband that I've been married to for 13 years and love more today than when we first met! (And, I just have to throw this in here, I am thankful for Edward Cullen and the Twilight books and movies! I am thankful that my husband is understanding and doesn't mind if I think a young, sparkly vampire is incredibly good looking)...Love ya babe!
I am thankful I have two beautiful, healthy, smart girls that are full of life....
I am thankful for my family who always supports me in everything I do and will do anything to help me out.... (I couldn't do it without you guys!)
I am thankful I have such awesome, funny, caring friends... you guys make me laugh and make me feel loved...
I am thankful that I have a job that I love and get to take care of precious little babies who are sick and help them get home to their families. What could be better?....
I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to go back to school. Even though I complain about the workload, I realize not everyone is able to pursue their dreams...
I am thankful that I get to help my friend Tracy bring home her sweet little girl from Russia that she is going to adopt. We worked on setting up an on-line auction last night to raise money to bring her Russian princess home. It is so much work and I admire her so much. I don't think I could do it. Her little Russian princess will be going to such a good home and have such a wonderful life. I am thankful I will get to be a part of that... To check out her on-line auction go to lovingonlera.blogspot.com
I am thankful that we went on such a wonderful vacation in March to San Diego. Sitting next to Taya on a small boat out in the Pacific Ocean trying to touch the dolphins that were swimming beside our boat is something I will never forget...
I am thankful I got to be with my mom when she died and that I held her hand during her last moments on earth and was able to tell her that I loved her...

Now, on to the wonder and magic of Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a little behind in my blogging. What a wonderful post! I should probably do something similiar. Oh, are you kidding? You could totally being home a Russin Prince~~~

    ReplyDelete