Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life is about the little things!


Taya was invited to sing at the Sauk Rapids High School at the Chorale Festival


Gavin enjoying People magazine


Nanny reading to the girls


Nanny, Corey, and the girls


Chloe dancing her heart out


Seriously, mom! A lemon?


The girls enjoying time with their cousins at Famous Dave's


You can't tell these two are related, can you? I think Gavin's shirt sums it up nicely: "No hair? No problem!"


The girls and I enjoying the play "Miss Nelson is Missing"

It is easy to get into a rut. School, work, tired, work, the girls fighting, work, worrying about money, dance classes, school, work, tired!

Then.... Corey's kidneys are doing worse. He's lost over 20% kidney functioning in 6 months and they don't know why. Everything stops! We're both scared. All of a sudden Corey is facing his own mortality and I am facing the thought of losing him. Overreacting? Maybe, but you can't help but think those thoughts and some part of you can't help but fear the worst. It puts things in perspective. What was so important last week, isn't that important anymore.

What is important is...
slowing down
spending time with friends and family
enjoying each others company
making memories
telling everyone you know how much you love and appreciate them

What I am in awe over is family and friends who immediately offered to get tested to see if they are a match and could donate Corey a kidney if he needs it! I am speechless and humbled! Thank you so much!

Corey goes back to see his nephrologist on April 6th and will have to set up an appointment for a kidney biopsy. We will take it from there. We will figure it out. We will get through it.

I made the difficult decision to delay school. I'm still interested, I still would like to go on, but now is not the time. There is too much going on and my family needs me right now. I need them.

Don't take for granted what you have. Hug your spouse, hug your kids, hug your parents, your siblings and your friends and tell them that you love them! I love all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kristin! This is a beautiful post!

    You may not already know or realize this but you already and have always made your family number one! Always!

    It's hard to NOT go through the motions of life. We all do it. We are all guilty of it. We live life in the fast lane.

    I am always thinking of you and Corey. Always.

    Hey! Wanna go to the beach in April??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, lovey! Go retreive your award on my blog! I totally thought of you right away!

    ReplyDelete