Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fun in the snow!










I'm not much of an outdoor person in general, but definitely don't enjoy a lot of outdoor activities in the winter! But, when my friend Naomi called and suggested we take the kids sledding I was all for it. We're sick of being stuck indoors and it sounded like a fun afternoon. It was cold, but sunny. So we drove over to some hills beside the river. The girls had an absolute blast!! Taya was going so fast on her first run that she bumped pretty hard into the frozen hay bales lining the gate at the bottom of the hill, but she shook it off and got right back up on the hill. Then Chloe decided to try the "jump" someone had built into the hill. Chloe went sailing over the jump. She went one way and her sled went the other way. EEK! This sledding is a dangerous sport. My hands got so cold I thought they were going to fall off! I didn't have any snow pants and wore my cheap little gloves. The first time I went down the hill I had to use my hands to stop me and my gloves got cold and wet. From there on I was pretty much miserable. I stood around like a geek with my hands in my armpits, but they never really did warm up. Oh well! It was worth it to see the girls having so much fun. What a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment