Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Monday, January 17, 2011

Life's truest happiness is found in friendships we make along the way








Hmm...nurses on the Children's Center seem to have a preference for good-looking, bald men









Change is hard for me. I know that it is inevitable, and that change is the only constant, and so on and so forth. However, I don't particularily enjoy change even when it is for the better. Change always means making adjustments and feeling a little uncomfortable and even scared.

Friday, we had Tracy's going-away party at Granite City. She is leaving St. Cloud Hospital for a new job in Maple Grove. I know it was a hard decision for her to leave, but hopefully the hours will be better for her kiddos and her family. So...we gathered to say goodbye. It was a great turn-out even though the weather was pretty awful.

Even though it seemed like we didn't work together all that much, I will miss working with you Tracy. You were my first friend when I made a change and moved to St. Cloud and started a new job. I will miss seeing you in passing as one of us comes and the other leaves, miss coming into work to see Kristin Hurlbut written on the assignment board back in the NICU, miss you giving me a hard time about all my meetings, and miss your cackling laugh when you find something particularily funny! But, don't think you're getting rid of me that easy. I plan on vacationing together at the condo when we're both retired!!!   

Don't forget about us St. Cloud folk Tracy (even though we shop at Crossroads and not Arbor Lakes)!! We will miss you! Good luck! Talk to you soon!


Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment