Life's What You Make It!

This blog is designed to keep you up-to-date on our familiy's adventures!







Sunday, June 14, 2009

This is my first posting! Gulp!

Recently some friends at work, who will go un-named for now, have pressured me into starting my own blog. They say it is so much fun and I will love it! So, following the suggestion of my friends, I thought I would begin with a quick recap of the year so far.

My youngest daughter, Chloe, turned 5 January 5th. It was her golden birthday. She kept saying that over and over even though she had no idea what it meant. "Mom, is this my golden birthday?" "Let's sing the happy golden birthday song!" How cute! Chloe kept busy with preschool this winter. She went to "her school" for 3 hours, two days a week. We also took a parent/child class together on Monday mornings. My older daughter, Taya, just finished up 3rd grade this year. She is reading like crazy and has a great group of friends that she hangs out with. Both my girls take dance lessons at a studio in town called Just for Kix. Taya is in a kick class and Chloe took ballet. Their costumes were adorable! I'll have to post some pictures soon. They generally have a dance show every other month. What was really fun this year is that my hubby signed up to do the father/daughter dance with Taya. Getting up and dancing in front of people is kind of out of character for him, so it surprised me when he agreed to do it. They dressed up like characters in Grease and danced to "We Go Together". They got up for 8AM practice every Saturday for 6 weeks. Now that's dedication!! It was so neat to see them dance together! Taya was just beaming! Taya also takes piano lessons during the school year.

We went on a fabulous family vacation in March this year. Our family and my sister-in-law's family (all together I think we had 4 adults and 5 kids) rented a mini-van and drove to San Diego, CA. What a trip! The kids actually did much better than we thought they would; they were just happy to be with their cousins. While in California, we went to SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, and to the beach on Coronado Island. The highlight of the trip (at least for me) was when we went on a R.I.B. (rigid inflatable boat) ride 15 miles out into the Pacific. We saw whales and had a herd of dolphins follow our boat for 45 mins. They were close enough to touch. It was the coolest thing ever and something I will never forget. Taya was jumping up and down in the boat saying, "This is so cool! This is so cool!". Our only snag was running into a blizzard in Wyoming on the drive home and being forced to stay there for 2 nights. A blizzard the end of March! Geesh!

I'm so excited summer is finally here. The girls did just finish vacation bible school at church, but generally we tend to cut back on the activities, be lazy, and just relax. Well, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment